Thursday, May 16, 2013

another waiting game

Josh was baptized on Sunday.  I returned to work part-time on Monday.  Doug left this morning for deployment.  We've had a lot of big moments packed into a short span of time.  Life is confusing and challenging, and I think I've come to realize that all people have lives that are kind of dramatic and not always easy, and that's our normal.  That's everyone's normal.  People say how shitty it is that Doug has to leave so soon after we have Josh home.  And that's true.  But it's been true for a hundred million military members and their families over the course of history.

I guess this is a pretty pointless post.  I'm just sitting here with all this quiet, and Josh is finally asleep after hours and hours of fussing, and I'm restless, even though I'm exhausted.  I'm sure no one even reads this blog anymore.  But we are one Palermo down again, and until he's home, I'll write about being a deployed servicemember's wife.  And after that, I'll probably write about our journey to adopt another child.  Because the journey is never really finished.  You just finish one stage, and take a moment to pause and celebrate, and then you move on to the next leg of the trip.



No comments:

Post a Comment